The Port, its tenants and users of the Port’s facilities produce an estimated $325 million in direct and indirect spending annually for the local economy.
Collectively, the Port’s forty-eight occupied lease areas provide citizens with over 800 direct, full-time jobs. In addition, port-related business activity in the region create 1,200 indirect jobs. The combined total is over 2,000 jobs. Most of the people who benefit from Port generated economic activity are the residents of St. Bernard Parish.
The Chalmette Terminal and Industrial Park
- Located one mile downriver from the Arabi Terminal (mile 89.5 AHP).
- Encompasses 216 acres of land.
- More than 1.8 million square feet of building space.
- 70 acres of open land available for leasing.
- Fully equipped with electricity, high pressure natural gas, water, and sewerage.
- Intermodal facilities with access via truck, rail, and ship.
- 60 acre intermodal facility open and leased by Boasso America.
- Midstream vessel mooring on Mississippi River adjacent to business park.
- Over 45 businessis employing 800 operate inside of Park.
- Close proximity to Interstate system via I-510