Located at Mile Marker 90.5 Above Head of Passes on the Lower Mississippi River. The Terminal includes a calm-water slip cut perpendicularly into the descending east bank of the river. The Slip is 1,500 feet long by 300 feet wide and provides calm water berthing for up to five ocean-going vessels. The slip has rail service provided by Norfolk Southern with an open switch to five (5) other class I railroads.
Associated Terminals of St. Bernard serves as the Marine Terminal Operator (MTO) and offers services including docking, stevedoring and other dockside amenities. There is also the Arabi Mooring Dolphins that have 50 feet of draft and access to shore via steel bridge. The Arabi terminal has two certified weight scales with one open to the public and the other for Terminal utilization. On-site launch service provides waterborne transit to ships at midstream facilities and anchorages.
The Arabi Terminal has Free Trade Zone designation and is a Certified London Metal Exchange Storage.
Access controlled security booth is manned 24/7/365 and the facility is protected by high-definition surveillance cameras.
The terminal is 125 acres in size and there are seven warehouses offering more than 500,000 square feet of cargo storage. Undeveloped 100 Acre tract of land available for construction of manufacturing, industrial or business utilization.
The Arabi Terminal a.k.a. Chalmette Slip
- Located on the Mississippi River, mile marker 90.5, between the Mississippi River and St. Bernard Highway (LA Hwy. 46).
- 150,000 square feet of covered space with rail tracks and truck bays.
- 20,000 sq. ft. of general warehouse space.
- 25 Acre Marine Terminal consists of three basic components: a calm water deep draft slip, laydown areas for expansion, and access to rail lines and truck routes.
- Marine Terminal operated by Associated Terminals.
- 100 acres business park lying between the marine terminal and St. Bernard Highway (LA. Hwy 46) available for leasing i.e. warehousing, manufacturing, etc.
- Dry Bulk Loading/Discharging between ship, truck, rail-barge, warehouse, and laydown space.
- Channel Access The draft in the main River Channel and Moorings is 45 plus feet and the average depth is 36' plus along side the slip docks. 5-7 feet above sea level. Aerial clearance unimpeded.
- Arabi Terminal offers intermodal facilities with access via truck, rail, barge and ship.